Sunday, February 5, 2012

Le French Macaroons
Le First Try!


This is the finished product! Looks good eh?


First process the Almond flour and powdered sugar. USE A FOOD PROCESSOR! It works very very well! I ran it for one min. then scraped the sides and bottom and ran it for another min.


Sift the dry mix into a bowl, you will have a few bits of almond left afterward in the sifter DON'T MIX THE ALMOND CHUNKS IN! You want the mix to be as fine as possible. Set the dry ingredients aside.


Next mix the egg whites and when it gets bubbly add the salt then the sugar slowly. Mix until the froth can form peaks


Fold in the dry ingredients into the egg mix. I did half the dry first then added the vanilla then added the last half. If you are going to make your cookies colorful this is the time to add the food die.


Pipe out the mix onto a pan with parchment paper. Try to keep the dough the same size circles. I used a plastic baggie that I cut the end off of to pipe out the mix instead of a real deal piping bag. I cooked them at 300* for 10 min. Then rotated the pan, then cooked them for 10 more min. Also I cooked some on a cookie sheet and some on a stone pan and the mettle one worked much better.


Then I mixed the Icing up and whipped it good :) I used another plastic baggie to pipe it out in. I put the  open bag in a cup and folded the edges over the side of the cup and just spooned in the frosting, then cut the tip.


I just piped a swirl of frosting onto one cookie and sandwiched it to make finish the macaroons off!


Le Fin!
How fancy is that! You can't really tell, but this glass has a mustachio etched into the side. Now that's class!
These little cookies are like nothing I have ever tasted! They were defiantly worth making! The whole family enjoyed them :)

Here is the Recipe
*
*
*
Macaroons:
  • 1-3/4 cup confectioner
  • 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 3 large eggs 
  • 1-1/2 cups  almond flour
  • Pinch of salt
  • 1/4 cup granulated sugar
This recipe is from the Martha Stewart Cookbook.

Filling:
1/3 cup butter, room temperature
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp milk
1 1/2 – 2 cups confectioners’ sugar

I kind of just made up the filling recipe but it ended up being great!

No comments:

Post a Comment