Friday, February 24, 2012

Spring Time Lace Overlay Skirt How To

What we are making:


Video:


Same type of skirt but instead of lace I used Teal chiffon:


Gold embossing on the bottom:


Silver Satin Cream Lace


Cream Satin and Black Lace. This was the first skirt like this that I have ever made. It turned out pretty good but I have defiantly improved.




 Materials Used In Video:
1Yard of blue lace
1 Yard of Cream Satin
1 seven inch zipper
Simplicity pattern 3881

Yoke: 7 inches wide 42 inches long. I wanted a 2 1/2 inch waist band so I cut out a 7 inch wide band because It needs 2.5 inches front and back with a 1/2 inch seem allowance on both sides of the yoke. 

Hem: I cut my fabric so the bottom was on the selvage edge so I did not hem my bottom like normal, but I did add about a yard and a half of lace to it just to hide the selvage edge and to add a few extra inches of lace.

If there are any questions just ask in the comments below and I will be more than happy to reply!

All materials were bought and paid for by me and I found everything used here at Jo Anns.

No comments:

Post a Comment