Sunday, April 1, 2012

Dainty Lace and Trim Score!!!

The overall look of the lace and trim selection is totally mermaid chic! 


So, I was at JoAnn's today helping my sister get a few things for a costume she is making. Well, once she had the majority of her things, I thought I would wander around while she finished up. Then out of the blue I thought to go look at the by the yard trims and lace. I found a bunch of 99 cent trims! I got a yard and a half of each!


This one I have big plans for! It is so vintage-y mermaid to me, I think it will go so well with everything. 


this one is actually a much beautiful color in real life, but my camera couldn't capture it as well as I would have liked. It is actually curtain trim, but I am really excited to make something out of it!


This one! Oh how this tinny string makes my heart sing! It's like beach-y sophistication :)It looks like the picture is blurry, but it really isn't, the colors of the trim just blend together really well. 


This one is the thickest of all the trims that I bought. I have some really great ideas for this lace! 


Small, white, daisy chains! This is such a cute little piece! I am so excited for whatever I end up making with this! 


This one is exactly the same as the bluish greenish rope at the top of the post, except it is a cream color. I love the nauticalness of it! It really reminds me of the water, and big ships :) I love the ocean


All in all, I think it was a major score. The color scheme of the entire selection really reminds me of mermaids. I am thinking of doing an entire series on dainty headbands/hair accessories. I know I post a lot of hair things, and I am going to try really hard to post more big thins, like skirts, shirts and dresses. But until then, I am content to make smaller things :)

No comments:

Post a Comment