Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Dolce & Gabbana Inspired Pencil Skirt Tutorial

So Dolce & Gabbana's 2012 spring line was absolutely beautiful. My favorite outfits form the collection are posted below, the thing I liked most of all was the big colorful floral prints. So When I was going through my fabric collection and found a hunk of fabric that was big, colorful and floral, and I decided to make a skirt out of the fabric!






So this is the pattern I used (and by the way this pattern is GEAT! The skirts I make with it look so good on my body type! Which is tall and an athletic build)


The only part I used is in the blue circle. I have completely "X"-ed out the bottom bustle (because it is awful) and the green band is something that I have added because I like a thicker yoke. 

It is really easy just cut out the pattern sew up the sides. *Cut out the yoke and sew it on (everything is right sides together by the way). Install a zipper and hem the bottom. That is really all you have to do. I made this skirt in about 2 hours (because I woke up and it was POURING!!! And so I opened all the blinds and watched the rain while sewing this skirt!)

*The yoke is the length around your waist plus 3 inches (for the zipper) by about 5 inches wide. It is sewn on, then folded in half and then top stitched. So the band is about 2 inches wide when the skirt is finished.



So here is the finished skirt! It is light, perfect for summer and really looks good on me.


Look at that fabric print! So beautiful and full of color! 

Perhaps soon I will upload what the skirt  looks like on an actual person and not just hanging up on a wall with a random nail. 


No comments:

Post a Comment