Sunday, July 1, 2012

DIY American Flag Jacket

The 4th of july is coming on way too soon! I wanted to wear something crazy patriotic for my cities parade and this is hat I came up with! So lets get started!



First you need star stickers
I made mine out of this duct tape that had a peel away back to it


Then I grabbed a pain white jacket and stuck the stars on the top, and the stripes around the body and arms


After covering my work space and the part of the jacket that was going to be red, I sprayed the stars blue

Then flipped it over and did the back 


Then I covered the blue and sprayed the red

Again, flipping it over and spraying the back as well


After waiting 48 hours, I peeled off the tape and let the jacket sit for another day
After 72 hours, I washed and dried the jacket


And that is all there is to it! So cute right?! Can wait to celebrate the 4th of July!


No comments:

Post a Comment