Thursday, August 16, 2012

DIY Floral Print Skirt

I saw a floral print skirt on Hollister's website a little while back and I thought it was really cute. The only problem is that the skirt was sooo SHORT! So I decided to make one similar to it but more modest and here is the tutorial! 



This is the pattern I Used (one of my favorite skirt patterns)


The part circled in blue is the only part I used of the pattern. The bubble thing at the bottom is atrocious so I "x"ed it out. The green waist band, I cut out on my own. 


Cut your pieces out
this is the front, A big trapizoid


This is the two back pieces, they are the same as the front piece but its split up the middle and has an extra a seam allowance for the zipper


The waist band is my waist plus 3 inches and the width is 3 inches


Sew the 3 skirt pieces together but don't sew the two back pieces to each other yet


For the waist band iron it in half and then iron the side a centimeter up 


Attach it to the top of the skirt


Sew a straight stitch to secure the waist band on


Now you sew the two back sides together


iron the seam open and install a zipper


Then just hem the bottom and you are done!


Here is the video tutorial 



2 comments:

  1. love this gorgeous idea! btw i love your blog & followed! do you think you could give me some tips on my blog and maybe follow or just leave a comment? would love to hear from you :)x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You just made my day! I didn't think anybody even looked at my blog! I am so happy you liked the tutorial! I totally checked your site out and I love it! There are so many awesome ideas all compiled into one place! The only tip I would have for you is to just keep posting! The hardest part is to actually put your ideas out there!

      Delete